The National Diaspora Agency aims to build institutional cooperation with the Diaspora through:
- Improving the position of Diaspora members and protecting their rights and interests in the destination countries;
- Providing assistance for the preservation of national cultural heritage;
Responsibilities of the Agency:
- Take measures to establish a unique diaspora database based on the person’s free will. The processing of personal data is done in accordance with the legislation on personal data protection.
- Implement policies and projects related to the Diaspora.
- Prepares periodical reports on the activities of the Agency, which is submitted for approval to the Minister responsible for Diaspora.
- Prepare and coordinate the work for drafting and reviewing the National Diaspora Strategy and following its implementation.
- Maintains links between the Diaspora, its representatives and the country of origin.
- Maintains financial management of the Agency.
- Cooperates and coordinates activities with state institutions, civil society and organizations at home and abroad to improve the position of the diaspora in the world.
- Helps maintain and develop the diaspora’s language, national and cultural values.
- Inform the diaspora on the political processes in the country of origin and helps in engaging them in the political, economic and cultural life of the Republic of Albania.
- Administers its assets.